My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://lukesidewalker.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Sidewalkers Have Feelings Too


The other day I received an email from a 'friend' of mine. The title really grabbed my attention. It was 'Check this out: Premier Financial Bloggers'. I quickly opened the body of the email where there was a short message and a link. It said, 'You'll never believe this article in The New York Magazine'

Instantly my mind started racing, it was an article about the preeminent financial blogs of our time. Could it possibly be that Luke Sidewalker had grabbed some major column inches in a widely distributed publication? I felt giddy with excitement as I opened the link, just like that first time your parents let you go on the wooden roller-coaster at the State fair (you know, the one with the 15 foot, 45 degree drop that appeared like it came from the heavens!). This publicity would be the defining moment in Luke Sidewalker's two year meteoric rise from total obscurity.

The article focused mainly on the blog Zero Hedge and rightly so. An inspired and informative piece of blogging from an anonymous (like me) former hedge-fund insider (not like me). After reading the first six pages I was a little disheartened at my lack of mentions, but hopes were raised on the last page when I saw a list headed by the line 'A few of the more prominent financial bloggers'.

Alas you will notice if you clicked the link that the New York Magazine passed me by this time. And the email from my 'friend' was a timely reminder that my head needs to experience a little deflation of its own from time to time. My own brand of short posts and anecdotal economic insights will have to flounder around a little longer in not quite total obscurity thanks to you, my dear reader.

So if you have ever enjoyed my blog and never told anyone about it; don't feel guilty. Just tell the next friend you see!

Have a great weekend...



-Luke Sidewalker
-Current balance $22.65

4 comments:

Morgan Drake Eckstein said...

I know this feeling firsthand. In the circles I travel in, there is a small war of mud slinging going on where occasionally one's chosen enemy becomes the spotlight of a posting. And I am not still bad enourgh, or big enourgh, to make anyone's hit parade. It hurts my ego something fierce, despite the fact that I know that it is not something that I should be aiming for. Of course, it is sad that I travel (write) in circles where you know that you have arrived when people finally start claiming that you are a complete fraud.

Hang in there; sooner or later, you will get noticed.

Liz Mays said...

One day you may be mentioned in there! Won't that be something?

The Silver Age Sara said...

It takes a while. All the blogs I know who were "discovered" had been around for a while. Your time is coming and we'll be reading about you in the NY Times and the Wall Street Journal in no time at all.

Luke Sidewalker said...

Thanks all for the kind words and encouragement. Time will tell!

-Luke Sidewalker

Post a Comment

 
JustMemo - Free Web Directory Listing