My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://lukesidewalker.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 27, 2009

One Starbucks Gift Card to rule them all...


I'm sure you will be glad to know that I have finally come to a decision regarding what should be done with the Starbucks gift card that I found a couple of weeks ago (Posted here - Lost and Found). My search to find the owner of the card proved to be an impossible task. I'd like to thank everyone that wrote in with suggestions as to my course of action. In the end I found a unique solution, and as with all decisions of this nature I'm sure I will not be able to please everyone, least of all myself!

As time ticks by, with each passing second the urge to use the card became stronger and stronger from deep within me. It had a similar effect on me as the One Ring had on Frodo in the Lord of the Rings. And so it came to pass on Friday of last week that the last vestiges of my willpower were finally crushed like a tin can at 2,000 feet below the surface of the ocean. Yes, I used the card, which is no mean feat given my aversion to coffee. I charged a freshly squeezed organic orange juice to "my precious" card. I'll admit it, the heavy burden of being the "card-bearer" is burning a hole in my soul that grows larger with each passing day. It threatens to tear apart the very fabric that holds us Sidewalkers together. I need to find my own personal Mount Doom, to cast the card into! As soon as I identify my "Mount Doom" we shall have some fun following the final fate of the now infamous card. (Does it seem like I'm making excuses to hold onto the card for a bit longer?)

In other news, I came across a penny yesterday that could not be retrieved in a conventional manner. I hope to return to the location to see the coin still in position. If that is the case I plan to use some of the tools in the Sidewalker Rescue Pack to salvage the coin; and further more, it is my intention to capture the whole episode on my trusty cell phone. So keep an eye out later this week for another original Sidewalker movie short...


-Luke Sidewalker
-Current balance $14.53

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Timely. I will be at the real Mount Doom next month! You will be able to check out images at hobokenpaddler! PS- You could have taken the card to the Malibu Diner in exchange for an envelope of cash!

Luke Sidewalker said...

I don't think I'm mentally in the right place to trust a stranger to toss "my precious" card into the real Mount Doom, but the offer is much appreciated!

-Luke Sidewalker

Anonymous said...

If the person who lost the card had properly registered it:

a) They may call Starbucks, cancelling the card, and having the balance refunded to them on a new card;
b) I think it's possible to link a Starbucks card to a credit card / bank account, with an "auto-top-up" whenever the balance falls below a certain level. You might have found a source of endless free coffee, unless a) occurs.

Luke Sidewalker said...

Thanks Anon for the in depth analysis. I had formed a plan for the dumping of the card, but now I will have to do some more research to make sure my course of action does not really screw the former owner!

Thanks,
Luke Sidewalker

Post a Comment

 
JustMemo - Free Web Directory Listing