My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://lukesidewalker.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A bank haul

I admit it, I was getting nervous stuck on $6.66, but I'm happy to report a trip to the bank today paid dividends, in the amount of 21 cents. Another case of parking lot pay dirt!

Well last week the G20 resolved to end the credit crunch crisis. The IMF said they were going to sell some of their gold reserves to fund it, consequently the price of gold dropped from around $935 an oz. to $882 at the time of blogging. Also the FASB have relaxed the mark-to-market rules for the banks, making them appear more solvent. Initially the stock market cheered all these moves, it is only now that they seem to realize the growth going forward will be galvanized by an accounting shell game and the IMF gold sales, but hey what do I know, I'm just an average guy trolling around for loose change.

-Luke Sidewalker
-Current balance $6.87

3 comments:

Xinfinitum said...

Hi,

I have been working on a project since Aug 2006 called "How To Double Your Way to a Million in 28 Steps" and many of the steps in the early stages were made by finding change on the ground and other places.

I still find change that I add to my stake on a weekly basis.

I have been writing about my Doubling Adventure on a blog called:

Double To A Million Plan

I also have a Time Line that shows my step by step progress.

Double To A Million Plan TimeLine

I would like to add your Blog's Link to my "Other Comrades" section. Perhaps you would consider linking back to dtamp.blogspot.com

You may wish to consider trying the Double To A Million idea yourself.

Regards,
Xinfinitum

Luke Sidewalker said...

Xinfinitum,
I checked out your blog, very well written and very interesting, I will gladly link back to you. I wish you every success in your quest.

All the best,

Luke Sidewalker

Xinfinitum said...

Thanks Luke.

I added your Link.

Good luck on your change gathering Journey.

The best change cache I ever found was at an automobile accident. You can read the story at:

It was an Accident

and

It was an Accident - Part II

Regards,
Xinfinitum
DTAMP

Post a Comment

 
JustMemo - Free Web Directory Listing